Thursday 21 March 2013

The Power of God's Word!!!

Recently God has instilled in me the importance of His word, the sword of the spirit. He has placed in me a passion for reading His word and is enabling me to use it to discern different situations, as well as my own feelings! 

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Before God placed this revelation in my heart, I relied on feelings to live out my faith. I knew His word was very important, but the absolute importance I did not comprehend. It is a treasure, a life long guidance as we walk this earth. It is central and most important  to our Christian walk. It is the truth, knowledge and wisdom that we need to live out our lives here on earth. It tells us all we need to know.


"Thy Word have I hidden in mine heart,
that I might not sin against thee" - Psalm 119:11



It tells us who God is, what He has done for us, how to live our lives, God's plan for the future, how to pray and so much more...everything!

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:


It is the sword of the spirit!! It is powerful and alive!! It changes lives, heals, encourages and saves. It is the word of God, true, inspiration and God breathed used for encouraging and rebuking!

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two
edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
We can use God's word to measure choices, feelings, words from God, discernment, wisdom, knowledge and direction. God's word is truth! Something may feel right, but is it when weighed against God's word? It must be measured first! Feelings can deceive but God's word never does, it is always correct.

Psalms 119:105 - NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

ISAIAH 55

I have been very excited about this verse as God spoke to my heart when reading this last week..

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. 
2 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. 
3 Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. 
4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander of the peoples.
5 Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you, because of the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor." 
6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 
7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. 
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 
12 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. 
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the junipers, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."

I love how he invites all those who are seeking something other than themselves! (vs 1 -2 ) If you are seeking, stop and turn to Him. He is the only power and the only way. We have nothing except for Him. As He gives us all we need, our Great God! He gives us life eternal in Him, in heaven! He has defeated death on the cross through Jesus. 

 Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, and your house.

Romans 10:9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.



I love how he says that His word, that goes out from His mouth, will not return empty. I love that it will accomplish what he desires and achieve His purpose!!(vs 11). How powerful His word is! This gives me hope! His word will water the earth and we will bud and flourish (10)! His word will feed the one seeking the Lord! I find this really exciting, for myself, other Christians and those who do not know the Lord as yet! His word WILL win hearts for Him. His gospel message is powerful and transforms lives! It gives New life in Him, an eternal life!

I love that He states that instead of thornbushes,


there will grow junipers..that bear fruit!


Instead of briars...


will grow myrtle...how beautiful is that! (vs 13)

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper. Psalm 1:3

For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreads out its roots by the river, and shall not fear when the heat comes, but its leaf shall be green; and shall not be anxious in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:8

And guess what! The change in those touched by God's word, will be for His glory and will be an everlasting sign (vs 13). Others will see God through the transformation of the lives that God's word touches! Then their lives will be touched by the gospel of the Lord - The Lord lives and saves!


No comments:

Post a Comment