Saturday 14 April 2012

When God speaks...we should listen!!



Whilst reading my Bible over the past couple of weeks (which has not been too regular!!), God settled on my heart to focus on Deuteronomy 6: 4 - 9. I felt that he felt it an important scripture for our family to focus on and make central to our family. It is a scripture that should be memorised and kept with us forever. It is a scripture that directs our life in God's ways. It refocuses us us on what is important. It directs us to keep our hearts, minds and souls close to God who is our strength.

I know that I cannot achieve any of this without His direction, wisdom, strength and love. I know that too often lately I have failed to spend quality time with my Lord. I realise that I have ignored that tug to sit down and spend time with my Lord. But He is persistent and doesn't give up...Praise the Lord! I know that He keeps gently nudging me and counselling me through many different means to get me where He wants me :) He will not let me be lost to Him. I am His.

But I feel sorry that I have neglected my Lord, that I have been stubborn and selfish. But I am thankful for His continued forgiveness, patience and persistence. He is the great Lord of us all. He is my God, creator and Saviour. He is my all. Without Him I have nothing. He is why I am here. I know I am a sinner and I need Him. I am so thankful for the sacrifice that He made for me on the cross, and for all of you. I am so thankful that He loves me and that He has saved me from my sin. Thankyou wonderful God, my Heavenly Father.


Deuteronomy 6:4-9

New International Version (NIV)
 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 


Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Footnotes:
  1. Deuteronomy 6:4 Or The LORD our God is one LORD; or The LORD is our God, the LORD is one; or The LORD is our God, the LORD alone

No comments:

Post a Comment