Saturday 20 October 2012

Little House In The Big Woods Chapter 2.

Here is what we plan to do...

1. Horse and sled...




Adele will have the task of designing, selecting materials and creating a horse and sled as was used in Little House In the Big Woods.

2. Making a Bed




In Chapter 2 it was the girls job to make the beds. I thought that this would be a great opportunity to teach my girls how to make a bed properly. So I found this song to teach them! It is from Songs For Teaching.




Making the Bed
I get up out-’a my bed then I turn around it is said
And I smooth the bottom sheet
So no wrinkles worry me, I make it smooth as it can be
‘Cause it’s a treat.

I pull up the top sheet too, make it wrinkle free
So you and I can see
That the blanket comes up next
The spread and pillow that are left don’t worry me.

When I step back and survey I think now I can decorate it and say
That my toys and pillows showed today
I chose the higher road, my bed is made!

3. Making Butter:

fresh homemade butter

Here are some links:

Cook UK - shake a jar method.
JumpStart - use a marble.
Homemade Butter ~ In the Blender!


A song:




Chorus: 

Make a bit of butter for our biscuits, Betty
Make a bit of butter and we’ll have it tonight
Make a bit of butter for out biscuits, Betty
Make a bit of butter and we’ll have it tonight

Milk the cows in the morning, Betty (pretend to milk a cow)
Milk ‘em in the morning for butter tonight
Milk the cows in the morning, Betty
Milk ‘em in the morning for butter tonight
(chorus)

Bumpin’ up and down making butter in the wagon, (Move up and down as if bumping)
Bumpin’ up and down a little butter tonight
Bumpin’ up and down making butter in the wagon,
Bumpin’ up and down a little butter tonight


4. Make pie and cookies


In Chapter two the girls help their mum cook, so we will plan to cook some pie and cookies this week.


5. Paper Dolls.


Links:

Vintage dolls from Sugar Sticks.
tpetit from Mystery Paper Doll.

Or better yet have fun making your own designs.

6. Research what lighting would have been used in The Little House era.


If you have anymore activity ideas please add a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment