Sunday 15 January 2012

We are not perfect...But His love is...:)

Two years ago I began suffering post-natal anxiety again. Unfortunately this attack of anxiety targeted my assurance of salvation! I began to feel that I wasn't good enough, that I had missed something vital, that I wasn't living good enough, honouring God enough, I felt alone :(

God was faithful. He kept reassuring me and I'd hear Him, but those anxieties continued to creep in! This was a very distressing time for me. I knew that I was God's but it just didn't feel like it. My anxiety told me I wasn't good enough. But God said I was :)

I was reminded of this time today when doing my morning bible reading. I was reading Psalm 15.


A psalm of David.
 1 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
   Who may live on your holy mountain?
 2 
The one whose walk is blameless,
   who does what is righteous,
   who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 
whose tongue utters no slander,
   who does no wrong to a neighbor,
   and casts no slur on others;

4 who despises a vile person
   but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
   and does not change their mind;

5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
   who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
   
Whoever does these things
   will never be shaken.

This Psalm reminded me of my need for Jesus in my life. I am not perfect. I do not do all of those things in this Psalm. I am a sinner. I need God.  And God knew this and He made a way for me through the death and resurrection of His son Jesus. I now have the promise of eternal life in heaven with God. I am so thankful. God loves me :)
God loves you too. He died for your sins too. You too can have assurance of eternal life in Heaven with God. Just trust him and call out to Him today. Prayer is not a fancy way of speaking but a conversation with a close friend. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post thanks for sharing..blessings for you...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete